Firmware Engineer @ Athos
San Francisco, CA ~ March 20, 2017
(San Francisco, CA)
Athos was developed to give athletes and coaches unprecedented insight into what happens at the muscular level, to better understand the physical output of their training and competitive performance. We are committed to helping athletes of all levels perform at their highest potential, in and out of competition. Our mission : build better athletes.
Interested in joining? We're looking for highly-motivated and driven employees who will help us stay on the cutting edge of creativity and innovation.
As a Firmware Engineer, you will be responsible for building a solid Athos Core and prototyping new products. You’ll also be directly involved with streamlining the manufacturing process. The position is an excellent opportunity for a hands-on experience with ARM-based MCUs and Bluetooth LE.
The primary responsibility of this role includes analyzing, designing, programming and debugging firmware. The ideal candidate is self-starter with a drive to build a great products to completion and is passionate about bringing next-generation technology to life.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor's or higher in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent experience). 2+ years of experience
- Proficient in C/C++, Python
- Knowledgeable of ARM architecture
- Experienced with RTOS and embedded task scheduling architectures
- Successfully led embedded development from architecture concept to production ready
- Experienced in profiling and optimizing real-time systems
- Experienced optimizing for power and resource-constrained systems
- Experienced with electrical test instrumentation; oscilloscope, function generator, DMM, power supply
- Ability to debug beyond firmware and identify hardware issues
- Ability to assist with board bring-up
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Bluetooth LE
- An interest in staying up-to-date on the latest technology in sports performance
What we offer:
- Fun, creative and collaborative work environment
- Medical insurance through Cigna
- Dental & vision insurance through Guardian
- Life insurance
- Catered lunches and exceptional snack game
- In-house personal training, mobility workshops & yoga
- Long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- Commuter benefits
- Mobile phone reimbursement
- Flexible PTO
Athos is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Want to apply to this job? Please register first. »