March 20, 2017
(New York, New York)
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world. Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We strive to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products.
Great design is key to conveying the quality of our databases. As a product designer at Cockroach Labs, you will be an ambassador for our users. You will contribute to product strategy, partner with Engineering, Marketing, and Product to develop and ship great experiences. Whether it’s a marketing page or a monitoring interface, you will make sure it works well and looks fresh.
You value curiosity, creativity, and ambition as much as we do. The journey to build the next-generation database is formidable. As CockroachDB marches toward v1.0 readiness and beyond, you and your work will help define the next generation database that changes the beating heart of the business for the better.
- Lead the design for products and tools for customers and internal teams.
- Work directly with our engineers, and the rest of the design team to envision and iterate concept.
- Design user flows, wireframes and high-fidelity user interfaces.
- Create prototypes to demonstrate interactive elements of the design via tools such as InVision, HTML & CSS, framer.js.
- Contribute to the evolution of our brand and identity.
- Understand how and where to use data to improve products.
- Conduct and/or manage user research.
- 4 years of experience with a solid portfolio (web application design work would be highly appreciated).
- Ability to balance multiple projects while maintaining a high level of attention to visual and interaction detail.
- Excellent communication skills - you should be able to clearly articulate your design decisions.
- Experience with user research and prototyping.
- Are a self-starter and better team player.
Cockroach Labs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you need assistance with applying for a position, please email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Perks: PERKS: Flexible working Team lunches Team events and outings Team trips (2x a year!) Unlimited vacation Free Fridays BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance, Retirement/401K Plan, Life & Disability Coverage
Want to apply to this job? Please register first. »