March 20, 2017
Become a Project Manager at Disco
We’re looking for someone to join our small team as a full-time project manager.
Please note that at the moment, we can only accept applicants with the right to live and work in Australia (although you can be based anywhere while working with us). We'd love to have you work in Melbourne - but anywhere in Australia is a possibility!
What you’ll be doing
- Managing the delivery of projects by working with others in the company to develop realistic schedules, facilitating development efforts, and keeping everyone on the project in the loop.
- Onboarding and developing relationships with our wonderful clients, keeping them informed on the progress of their projects and making sure they’re happy and successful.
- Contributing your own expertise and input on how we run projects at Disco, in order to make what we deliver to clients even more valuable.
- Enhancing Disco’s reputation as a leading Shopify agency through community engagement, developing case studies, and other activities.
Core skills required
- You’re a communicator, who recognises that delivering great projects require teamwork and close collaboration.
- You’re organised and get things done.
- You’re friendly and can empathise with other people.
- You’re curious and like to dive deep into what you’re working on and learn new things.
Skills that are “nice to have”
- You have had some exposure to Shopify before.
- You have some experience working in a technical or creative agency environment.
- You like to share and teach others, as evidenced by (for example) blogging, public speaking or running events.
Things we don’t need
- You don’t necessarily have a degree. You could be about to complete your studies or be completely self-taught - we’re more interested in the work you can and want to produce, not a piece of paper.
- You don’t need to be located in Melbourne! While we’d love to be able to meet you face-to-face, we know that there are great people in every corner of the globe. However, as you’ll be employed in Australia we do require that you have the right to work here.
What we offer
- We want you to be comfortable, so we will offer you a competitive salary with leave and benefits (these will vary depending on experience and location);
- You will have a large degree of creative freedom in how you get your job done. We’re a small company so the people we’re currently hiring will be designing the processes we use to get stuff done. Of course, we’ll make sure you’re provided with the support you need to learn and grow your skills.
- You can design your own work hours to suit your own needs. Three day weekend? Need the mornings off for daycare dropoff? No problem.
- We’ll support your professional development however you need, whether it’s with equipment, courses, books or conferences.
You should include these in your application:
- A cover letter, explaining why you think you’d be a good fit for Disco and what you’d hope to do in your time with us;
- A description of your work history (whether as a resume or LinkedIn profile);
- Links to any online profiles you use (GitHub, Twitter, etc).
Apply: Please include the following in your application: - A cover letter, explaining why you think you’d be a good fit for Disco and what you’d hope to do in your time with us; - A description of your work history (whether as a resume or LinkedIn profile); - Links to any online profiles you use (GitHub, Twitter, etc).
Want to apply to this job? Please register first. »