Senior UX/UI Designer, MyFonts
Woburn, MA ~ April 20, 2017
Monotype is seeking a Senior UX/UI Designer to work on MyFonts, our principal ecommerce web site. This person will design easy-to-use features and functionality that provide a great experience to our visitors and customers.
MyFonts is a font marketplace. We partner with thousands of independent foundries (and growing!) to bring our customers the world’s largest selection of fonts. We serve a wide range of customers, and aim to make font buying easy for everyone. We support the needs of every customer from non-designer individuals up to huge design agencies and brands. Our customers love that our selection has everything from the latest trends to the renowned classics.
- Define and design functionality, user flows, and interfaces using current and new MyFonts design language. You will be improving existing features and designing new ones.
- Collaborate with other designers, product owners, business managers, developers, and more.
- Translate business requirements and goals into intuitive user experiences.
- Design beautiful and precise UI elements.
- Work on large scale projects that will be used by millions of customers.
- Supply engineering with written requirements and work with developers to make sure designs are understood and implemented correctly.
- 5+ years of related experience.
- A strong UX/UI design portfolio and/or case studies of your past work. We’d love to see examples of your responsive design work. In this role you’ll need strong visual design skills.
- Product design thinking: we want someone who keeps the big picture in mind and knows that good design is about more than just how it looks.
- Strong writing skills: you’ll be writing microcopy and communicating with some geographically distributed team members by email and Slack.
- Enthusiasm for typography, the design industry, and beyond. Many of our customers are designers, but not all of them. In this position, you will have to consider the needs of beginner font users, experienced typographers, and our foundry partners.
- Be self-motivated: you take the initiative to find a solution rather than waiting for someone to find one for you.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch and InVision, or similar.
- Self-directed: You should be good at owning a project from start to finish.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills for working in a collaborative team environment
Nice to have
- Experience creating style guides.
- Experience owning a product/feature.
- Experience with user testing: designing tests, coordinating, moderating, and interpreting results.
Please send us a link to your portfolio and a brief cover letter about why you want to work on MyFonts. Apply via https://monotype.applicantpro.com/jobs/540330.html
About the Company
Monotype's fonts and technologies are designed to enable creative expression to give brands a distinct global voice, enable the best user experiences on multiple devices, and ensure brand integrity. Beyond fonts and font technologies, Monotype has expanded our value to brands with the brand engagement offerings of our Swyft and Olapic product family. Our customers are wide-ranging, including creative professionals, web developers, branding and marketing professionals, and device manufacturers.
This position is based in our Woburn, MA office.
Apply: Please send us a link to your portfolio and a brief cover letter about why you want to work on MyFonts.
Want to apply to this job? Please register first. »